On November 15, 2022 at 10:15am, the MIT Police responded to Building 14 located at 160 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, for a report of a burglary. The reporting party stated that between November 11th and November 13th, 2022, an unknown person was observed via CCTV, entering their office on numerous occasions. The victim reported a number of items missing. There were no signs of forced entry.
Below is a person of interest known to the MIT Police Department. This photo is from the victim’s private camera. Please report any sightings of this individual to the MIT Police.
While victims of crimes are never to blame for criminal activity, there are some precautions that can be taken. In order to protect yourself and your belongings from theft and/or facilitate the recovery of your stolen property, MIT Police encourage you to follow these tips:
• Immediately notify the MIT Police at 617-253-1212 or 100 from any campus phone if you believe a crime is occurring, has occurred, or is about to occur.
• Always lock your office and residential doors and windows. Assure that the locks are in good working order.
• Lock your office or residential door if you are leaving (even if only for a minute or two).
• When entering or exiting an office, make sure the door closes tightly behind you.
• Report person(s) acting in a suspicious, alarming or unsafe manner. Report all tailgaters.
The MIT Police want to remind the MIT community that we are located in an urban setting and share many of the crime and safety issues that exist in any city.
The MIT Police are investigating this crime and request the assistance from the MIT community. If you wish to leave an anonymous tip please call 617-258-TIPS (8-8477).
The MIT Police Department
570 Memorial Drive, W91
Cambridge, MA 02139
WHAT IS THIS NOTICE?
This notification is in compliance with the “Timely Warning” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.