On September 21, 2022, at 10:20 am, the MIT Police responded to Delta Kappa Epsilon, an MIT fraternity located at 403 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, for a report of a burglary. The reporting parties stated sometime on September 21, 2022, between 12:30am and 9:30am, unknown individual(s) entered the residence and removed multiple items from three different bedrooms. There are no signs of forced entry.
There is no description of the suspect available at this time.
While victims of crimes are never to blame for criminal activity, there are some precautions that can be taken. In order to protect yourself and your belongings from theft and/or facilitate the recovery of your stolen property, MIT Police encourage you to follow these tips:
• Immediately notify the MIT Police at 617-253-1212 or 100 from any campus phone if you believe a crime is occurring, has occurred, or is about to occur.
• Always lock your office and residential doors and windows. Assure that the locks are in good working order.
• Lock your office or residential door if you are leaving (even if only for a minute or two).
• When entering or exiting an office, make sure the door closes tightly behind you.
• Report person(s) acting in a suspicious, alarming or unsafe manner. Report all tailgaters.
The MIT Police want to remind the MIT community that we are located in an urban setting and share many of the crime and safety issues that exist in any city.
The MIT Police are investigating this crime and request the assistance from the MIT community. If you wish to leave an anonymous tip please call 617-258-TIPS (8-8477).
The MIT Police Department
570 Memorial Drive, W91
Cambridge, MA 02139
WHAT IS THIS NOTICE?
This notification is in compliance with the “Timely Warning” provision of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Police and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.