On September 23, 2021, at 11:43 AM, the MIT Police responded to Phi Delta Theta, an MIT fraternity house located at 97 Bay State Rd. in Boston on a report of a burglary. The reporting party stated that sometime between 12:00 AM and 9:00AM on Thursday September 23, 2021, someone entered his room and removed a gray Mac Book Pro Laptop computer.
There is no suspect description available at this time.
While victims of crimes are never to blame for criminal activity, there are some precautions that can be taken. In order to protect yourself and your belongings from theft and/or facilitate the recovery of your stolen property, MIT Police encourage you to follow these tips:
· Immediately notify the MIT Police at 617-253-1212 or 100 from any campus phone if you believe a crime is occurring, has occurred, or is about to occur.
· Always lock your office and residential doors and windows. Assure that the locks are in good working order.
· Lock your office or residential door if you are leaving (even if only for a minute or two).
· When entering or exiting an office, make sure the door closes tightly behind you.
· Report person(s) acting in a suspicious, alarming or unsafe manner. Report all tailgaters.
The MIT Police want to remind the MIT community that we are located in an urban setting and share many of the crime and safety issues that exist in any city.
The MIT Police are investigating this crime and request the assistance from the MIT community. If you wish to leave an anonymous tip please call 617-258-TIPS (8-8477).
Sergeant David J. O'Connor
Crime Prevention/Community Policing Unit
301 Vassar Street
Cambridge, Ma. 02139