On October 14, 2020, at 10:29 AM, the MIT Police responded to Zeta Psi, an MIT fraternity house located at 233 Massachusetts Ave. in Cambridge on a report of a burglary. The reporting party stated that sometime between 10:00 PM on Tuesday October 13, 2020 and 10:30 AM on Wednesday October 14, 2020, someone broke a glass vestibule window, gained entry to the building and stole a large delivery box containing a bicycle from the lobby.
There is no suspect description available at this time.
While victims of crimes are never to blame for criminal activity, there are some precautions that can be taken. In order to protect yourself and your belongings from theft and/or facilitate the recovery of your stolen property, MIT Police encourage you to follow these tips:
· See Something – Say Something: Immediately notify the MIT Police at 617-253-1212 or 100 from any campus phone if you believe a crime is occurring, has occurred, or is about to occur.
· Always lock your office and residential doors and windows. Assure that the locks are in good working order.
· Lock your office or residential door if you are leaving (even if only for a minute or two).
· When entering or exiting an office, make sure the door closes tightly behind you.
· Report suspicious people or activity. Report all tailgaters.
The MIT Police want to remind the MIT community that we are located in an urban setting and share many of the crime and safety issues that exist in any city.
The MIT Police are investigating this crime and request the assistance from the MIT community. If you wish to leave an anonymous tip please call 617-258-TIPS (8-8477).
Sergeant David J. O'Connor
Crime Prevention/Community Policing Unit