A motor scooter was stolen from an unsecured bike cage at Baker House, located at 362 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, sometime on Monday, May 14, 2018 between 3:00PM and 7:00PM.
There is no suspect description at this time.
While victims of crime are never to blame for criminal activity, there are some precautions that can be taken. In order to protect yourself and your belongings from theft and/or facilitate the recovery of your stolen property, MIT Police encourage you to follow these tips:
- See Something – Say Something: Immediately notify the MIT Police at 617-253-1212 or 100 from any campus phone if you believe a crime is occurring, has occurred, or is about to occur.
- Thieves look for targets of opportunity. Always remove your keys, roll up your windows, and lock your vehicle.
- Never leave your car unattended while it's running.
- Secure valuables out of sight.
- Park in well-lit areas with plenty of pedestrian traffic.
- Report all suspicious persons, vehicles, and activities to the MIT Police immediately.
The MIT Police want to remind the MIT community that we are located in an urban setting and share many of the crime and safety issues that exist in any city.
The MIT Police are investigating this crime and request the assistance from the MIT community. If you wish to leave an anonymous tip please call 617-258-TIPS (8-8477).
Crime Analyst | MIT Police Department
W89/301 Vassar Street, Cambridge, MA 02139