An office on the 3rd floor of N52, located at 265 Massachusetts Avenue was burglarized sometime between 4p.m. on November 21, 2018 and 4p.m. on November 24, 2018.
Reporting party stated that someone entered the area and removed two desktop computers. The security cables to both computers were cut. It appears that the suspect(s) spray painted over the lens to a security camera in the area. There are no signs of forced entry.
There is no suspect description available at this time.
While victims of crimes are never to blame for criminal activity, there are some precautions that can be taken. In order to protect yourself and your belongings from theft and/or facilitate the recovery of your stolen property, MIT Police encourage you to follow these tips:
- See Something – Say Something: Immediately notify the MIT Police at 617-253-1212 or 100 from any campus phone if you believe a crime is occurring, has occurred, or is about to occur.
- Always lock your office doors and windows. Assure that the locks are in good working order.
- Lock your office door if you are leaving (even if only for a minute or two).
- When entering or exiting an office, make sure the door closes tightly behind you.
- Report suspicious people or activity. Report all tailgaters.
The MIT Police want to remind the MIT community that we are located in an urban setting and share many of the crime and safety issues that exist in any city.
The MIT Police are investigating this crime and request the assistance from the MIT community. If you wish to leave an anonymous tip please call 617-258-TIPS (8-8477).
Sergeant David J. O'Connor
Crime Prevention/Community Policing Unit
301 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA 02139