A room on an upper floor of Kappa Sigma, which is located at 407 Memorial Drive, was burglarized sometime on Thursday, June 28, 2018 between 9:00AM and 3:00PM.
A resident of Kappa Sigma reported that his wireless headphones and charger were stolen from his room and other items in the room had been moved. The room was unlocked at the time. The resident also stated that his room was not the only room to have items disturbed and out of place on the floor.
There is no suspect description at this time.
While victims of crimes are never to blame for criminal activity, there are some precautions that can be taken. In order to protect yourself and your belongings from theft and/or facilitate the recovery of your stolen property, MIT Police encourage you to follow these tips:
• Always lock your doors and windows.
• Report all tailgaters, report suspicious people/activity.
• See Something – Say Something: Immediately notify the MIT Police at 617-253-1212 or 100 from any campus phone if you believe a crime is occurring, has occurred, or is about to occur.
• Assure that door and window locks are in good working order.
• Don’t prop doors open.
• Document serial numbers of your electronics and take pictures of your valuables. Keep this in a safe place to provide to the police in the event you are burglarized.
The MIT Police want to remind the MIT community that we are located in an urban setting and share many of the crime and safety issues that exist in any city.
The MIT Police are investigating this crime and request the assistance from the MIT community. If you wish to leave an anonymous tip please call 617-258-TIPS (8-8477).
MIT Police Department